About the project
Krapinsko - zagorska županija
Project on alignment of tourist routes in the Krapina-Zagorje County was conducted in two phases:
Phase I. (2013-2015)
Krapina-Zagorje County, in cooperation with the association Ruralni tandem, launched the project "Network of cycling tourist routes of the Krapina-Zagorje County," which included the alignment of 21 cycling routes of total length of 688 km. In addition to the aligned cycling routes, 4 cycling maps were made as well as the web portal www.zagorjebike.com.hr.
Goals of the project:
- Developing a network of cycling, tourist and recreational routes, designed with integrity, in the area of the Krapina-Zagorje County., while taking into account - at the same - the integration of the existing cycling routes and creation of the alignments / directions of the new cycling routes where necessary, in order to avoid the major state and county roads and to include less busy, picturesque parts of the local roads and paths,
- Promotion of cultural, historical and natural features of the entire area of the Krapina-Zagorje County, including all of its cities and municipalities, through networking of the offer with newly created and aligned cycling routes, that contributes to linking (networking) and complementation (enrichment and diversity) of the tourist offer of the cities and municipalities in the Krapina-Zagorje County,
- Improving the quality of tourist offer and efficiency of tourist potential of the Krapina-Zagorje County throughout the year,
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle and environmental protection,
- Expansion of sports, particularly recreational, and at the same time tourist offer of the County through designed one and multi-day cycling options and itineraries.
Results of the project:
- A network of tourist-recreational, but also sports, cycling routes adapted to the widest range of users, with particular emphasis on recreational cyclists, families with children and young people,
- A network of cycling routes that connects the most important sites / attractions and tourist resources in the area of the Krapina-Zagorje County (accommodation / nursing homes / residential, healthcare (bathing - spa), cultural, historical, religious, natural, rural, entertaining and similar) into an offer, designed with integrity and clearly defined in terms of tourism.
- Electronic and printed informational / promotional material on the network of tourist and recreational cycling routes in the form of maps and guides with photos / photo documentation.
- Online information / promotional material on the network of cycling routes on the internet and on social media sites.
- Geo-Database (GPS track log) of spatial data required for cycling routes.
The project "Network of cycling tourist routes of the Krapina-Zagorje County" was launched by the Krapina-Zagorje County and it was co-financed by the Croatian National Tourist Board.
As the leading partner, Zagorska razvojna agencija d.o.o. (Zagorje Development Agency) launched the project "Development of selective forms of tourism at the cross-border tourist destination - RIDE & BIKE" in the period from February 2, 2015 until April 30,2016. The project RIDE & BIKE, of total value of 395,846.60 EUR, was approved within the framework of the Operational Program Slovenia-Croatia 2007-2013 and it was partially funded from the European Regional Development Fund.
Overall goals of the project:
• strengthening of the cross-border destination identity
• complete development of rural integrated tourist products based on specific forms of tourism (cycling and equestrian tourism)
• increasing the of existing tourist facilities
• increasing the number of tourists and visitors
• creation of new cross-border tourist products with a focus on cycling and equestrian tourism
• strengthening the cooperation between tourist suppliers
• preservation of cultural and natural heritage
• improving the quality of life and employment opportunities of the rural population
• increasing the awareness of sustainable tourism
Results of the project:
• aligned and digitized equestrian and cycling cross-border trail
• 2 new and 1 upgraded website
• launched specialized training for tourist guides and tenderers of tourist services and products in rural area
• designed promotional material
• presentation at three specialized tourist fairs and one conducted study tour
• arranged 18 rest areas (9 resting places for cyclists and 9 resting places for horses)
• made application for smartphones
• prepared pilot model on cycling services
Results of the project:
- aligned and digitized equestrian and cycling cross-border trail
- 2 new and 1 upgraded website
- launched specialized training for tourist guides and tenderers of tourist services and products in rural area
- designed promotional material
- presentation at three specialized tourist fairs and one conducted study tour
- arranged 18 rest areas (9 resting places for cyclists and 9 resting places for horses)
- made application for smartphones
- prepared pilot model on cycling services